Chief Executive Officer
Company: United Surgical Partners International , Inc
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Tracking Code 21143-147 Job Description United Surgical Partners
specializes in the development and operation of Ambulatory Surgical
Facilities across the US. The CEO is responsible for directing,
coordinating and controlling all aspects of the operating
functions, processes, and staff of the Surgical Hospital while
demonstrating the primary goal of efficiently providing surgical
services that exceed customer expectations and improve clinical and
financial operations.Reports to: Regional Vice President,
Operations or Regional Director, Operations, and Governing Board of
the facilityJobs Reporting to this position: All facility employees
and contract staffJob Summary: Responsible for directing,
coordinating and controlling all aspects of the operating
functions, processes, and staff of the facility while demonstrating
the primary goal of efficiently providing surgical services that
exceed customer expectations and improve clinical and financial
operations.--The Governing Board may determine other qualifications
as seen fit.The following description of the job responsibilities
and performance expectations are intended to reflect the major
responsibilities of the job, but is not intended to describe the
minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time
to time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the
- The daily operation of the facility.
- Serving, along with any committee appointed for the purpose, as
a liaison between the Governing Board, the Medical Staff and all
departments of the facility.
- Reporting the pertinent activities concerning the facility to
the Governing Board at regular intervals.
- Appointing a person responsible for the facility in the absence
of the Administrator.
- Planning for the services provided by the facility and the
operation of the facility.
- Overall management of the Partnership as outlined in the
Operating or Limited Partnership Agreement as applicable.
- Lead discussion/presentation during Monthly Operations Review
call with USPI's Home Office team Business Operations.
- Deploy, monitor and ensure that USPI's EDGETM is the foundation
of the facility's operational processes and appropriately
integrated within the facility's QPI program
- Ensure compliance with USPI's policy and procedures as related
to internal controls
- Develop, monitor and control the staffing needs, operations
budget and capital budget.
- Develop, monitor and control the purchasing plan to stay within
the proposed budget and maintain compliance with group purchasing
- Ensure compliance with government regulatory agencies and
- Negotiate and control all external contracts, such as those
with physicians, ancillary services, plant maintenance, and
- Establish pricing for procedures based on cost analysis and
local market standards.
- Foster positive work relationships among all departments of the
facility and act as liaison between UPSI's Home Office and all
staff at the facility.
- Develop and ensure compliance with appropriate departmental
policy and procedure manuals for use by the staff.
- Closely monitor variations in the financial performance of the
facility to avoid cash flow problems.Personnel Administration:
- Hold at least monthly staff meeting outlining goals and
priorities of the facility.
- Manage exempt and non-exempt employees in accordance with the
facility policies utilizing sound principles of practice and
- Review employee performance as evaluated by their respective
managers, ensuring that reviews occur as scheduled or at least
annually for each employee.--
- Review and approve the disciplinary action and/or discharge of
- Evaluate management performance and other staff as
- Approve the addition or deletion of positions as well as
approve applicants for employment in new or vacant positions.
- Develop employee productivity analysis, utilizing USPI's Staff
Tracker, and assure efficiency of staff levels through increases or
reductions in the work force as necessitated by changes in surgical
- Implements a program of job based orientation, training, and
ongoing evaluation for all employees.
- Manage all employee files and records.
- Provide educational opportunities for professional staff
- Promote the implementation of positive customer relations by
the employees and physicians.Clinical Services:
- Promotes that the surgical programs and clinical services are
in compliance with the respective components of regulatory body and
accrediting body standards.
- Work in conjunction with the Medical Director and Medical
Executive Committee in the evaluation and development of existing
and new surgical services at the facility.
- Manage the clinical departments of nursing, central supply,
medical records, and housekeeping, and supervise the contracted
services of laboratory, radiology, pharmaceuticals, laundry and
- Monitor the adequate function of surgical equipment and patient
care equipment through contracted services and follow-up on
repairs.Marketing and Planning:
- Develop and implement a sales/marketing plan and lead the
facility's sales team in accordance with USPI's Sales Plan and the
business plan for the facility.
- Identify and develop new services defined as appropriate for
ambulatory surgery centers.
- Foster positive public relations.Quality Improvement:
- Develop, evaluate and promote implementation of a continuous
quality improvement program.
- Administer the infection control program and medical staff
review of the quality improvement program.
- Identify and correct quality care issues.
- Develop statistical indicators to use in evaluating the overall
operations and quality of care provided.
- Serve as a member of the Quality Improvement Committee.Medical
- Process the credentialing of practitioners of the
- Collaborate with the Medical Director in the review and
revision of the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations on a
- Collaborate with the Medical Director and serve as a liaison in
problem areas with the medical staff.
- Promote positive relationships between employees and
- Develop a system whereby physicians' needs and their patients'
needs are defined in order to determine the proper mix of services
and efficiencies.--Physical Plant:
- In general, ensure that the facility is clean, neat,
professional, well maintained and conveys a feeling of confidence
to our patients, their families and our physician customers.
- Identify and approve plant improvements and repairs.
- Promote a physical plant that is safe and aesthetically
- Develop appropriate record keeping is maintained and incidents
reported relative to the emergency generator, utilities, security,
environment and emergency preparedness drills.Administrative
- Attend corporate administrative meetings representing the
- Act in accordance with the vision, mission, and business
philosophy of the facility.
- Maintain membership in professional associations relevant to
ambulatory surgery facilities and healthcare administration.
- Stay current in changes in the healthcare environment, such as
reimbursement, legislative issues and business law, and act
accordingly in the best interest of the corporation.Personal
Development and Professionalism:
- Identify areas that require additional reinforcement through
education, consultation, or practicum.
- Attend all mandatory in-services and meetings.
- Follow the facility's professional conduct and dress code
- Maintain patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy. -- Communicate effectively and
courteously with visitors, physicians and their office staffs,
patients and employees.
- Applicant must have Hospital (with emphasis on Surgical
Division) or Surgical Hospital experience. Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree in one of the health professions, business
administration, public administration or other suitable field.
Nursing or Master's degree highly preferred.
- Minimum three years' experience in a top administrative or
management position in the health field.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and
- Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients and
others.--#LI-SM1 Job Location Fresno, California, United States
Company Location Fresno Surgical Hospital (FSH) Position Type
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International , Inc, Fresno , Chief Executive Officer, Executive , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!