Credit Executive - Commercial Banking - Vice President
Company: MUFG Union Bank
Posted on: February 25, 2021
MUFG is committed to the safety and well-being of our
colleagues, clients, candidates, and the community as we manage the
current COVID-19 pandemic. During this time, as we continue to
recruit and hire exceptional talent to join our team, we are taking
the necessary precautions to limit in-person contact, aligned with
Federal, State, and local health recommendations and requirements.
All interviews are being conducted remotely via Skype, FaceTime, or
phone. Additionally, we have implemented remote on-boarding for new
colleagues, as appropriate. Thank you for your interest in
exploring career opportunities with MUFG. Credit Executive -
Commercial Banking - Vice President Are you passionate about
creating an exceptional client experience? Discover your
opportunity with Union Bank--, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ
Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the
world. At Union Bank, we have our clients' best interest in mind
and draw on more than 160 years of experience to understand their
distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We're part of 180,000
colleagues around the globe striving to be the world's most trusted
financial group, knowing that trust starts with a culture of
putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential.
Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating
results is rewarded. Job Summary: This position reports to the
Credit Manager, and it provides credit underwriting and
portfolio management supporting the Middle Market and Business
Banking Groups in
the extension of credit. Works closely with Relationship Managers
transactions and assessing risks. Plays an integral role in
ensuring data integrity of the
portfolio and establishing appropriate risk.
- Underwrite and present loans for approval to the Senior Credit
Bank's Senior Loan Committee.
- Effectively manage and monitor risks of the portfolio including
adherence to the
process and procedures established for Basel II risk grading.
- Manage a portfolio of credits including the underwriting of new
loans for the most complex borrowers and credit structure in the
This may also include borrowers with higher risk profiles.
- Ensure that portfolio management is consistent with Bank's
current credit policies
- Interface with Relationship Manager, Regional Vice President
Administration to ensure credits fit within Bank's credit risk
- Maintain excellent communication with Relationship Managers to
customer satisfaction. 20% Other responsibilities include:
- Participate in the ongoing Quality Control process.
- Track, report and communicate portfolio trends, including
criticized/classified and Watch List credits.
- Assist in the coaching and training of Credit Associates and
- Participate in special projects and task forces as needed.
- Responsible for data integrity of the portfolio.
- Responsible for satisfactory credit exams. 20% Risk Management
- Demonstrates knowledge of and is sensitive to the current
- Adheres to the Bank's Risk Vision, and risk management policies
- Recognizes and proactively addresses risk (including but not
limited to those
associated with Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering,
compliance, fair lending, fiduciary responsibilities, and
- Identifies and appropriately manages risks. Knowledge, Skills,
- Detail oriented with good analytical skills.
- Significant accounting and finance knowledge.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and
- Strong ability to multi-task meet deadlines and manage
- Manager's and client expectations.
- Good collaboration skills in a team-oriented environment.
- Proficient in relevant software including Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, nCino, Moody's Risk
Analyst and Bank's legacy systems (RACER, ESB, TOPS, and AFS).
Education, experience, certification, and licensure:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in business or
- Minimum 7 - 10 years of experience in commercial banking in
lending and credit
- Agribusiness lending experience is highly preferred.
- Formal commercial credit training preferred. The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to
leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of
our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our
business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the
basis of any protected category. A conviction is not an absolute
bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence
of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness
are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the
bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history
after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from
employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a
pretrial diversion for, certain offenses. We are committed to
ensuring that our online application process provides an equal
employment opportunity to all applicants, including individuals
with disabilities. If you are an applicant with a disability, or
are assisting an applicant with a disability, and require
accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of
our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-866-275-4717 or
email us at AskHR@us.mufg.jp . Include your contact information and
specific details about your requested accommodation. We are proud
to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and
experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our
colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment
decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Keywords: MUFG Union Bank, Fresno , Credit Executive - Commercial Banking - Vice President, Executive , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!