Community Health / Community Benefit Manager
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: January 9, 2021
- Responsible for the development,
implementation, and management of region-wide or locally based
Community Benefit strategy and programs and plans in order to
enhance the health of the communities, support Kaiser Permanente's
social mission and protect Kaiser Permanente's non-profit
- Develops and manages community health strategies and programs
across the region. Implements strategies through grant-making,
deployment of organizational assets, and collaboration with
internal and external partners to meet identified community health
- Identifies and prioritizes community health needs. Ensures
assessments and processes are performed and strategies are
developed to meet state and federal requirements.
- Coordinates implementation of strategies with internal entities
at the local, regional and program levels with external parties
where appropriate to attain optimum impact, scale, and
- Cultivates and maintains productive relationships with diverse
public and community health leaders, and facilitates introductions
to KP leaders and colleagues where appropriate. Collaborates with
strategic coalitions and partners to further community health
goals. Serves on community health coalitions and other task forces,
committees or planning groups as a representative of Kaiser
Permanente. Communicates Kaiser Permanente's position and
commitment to community health and community benefit to internal
and external audiences.
- Facilitates active participation among Kaiser staff and
physicians in community health and community benefit program
development and implementation where appropriate.
- Ensures that programs and activities are in compliance with
legislative, regulatory and Kaiser Permanente Regional and Program
Office policies. Identifies corporate marketing, community
relations, government relations and media opportunities to increase
the visibility of the Community Benefit portfolio and leverage
opportunities for coordination with internal partner.
- Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum seven (7) years' experience in planning, development,
and administration of health or social services at local community,
county or state level programs.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in developing and
supporting collaborative partnerships with multiple
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, public health,
social work, public policy or related field OR four (4) years of
experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- NAAdditional Requirements:
- Ability to manage resources and coordinate across areas and
- Ability to develop and execute collaborative arrangements
between departments or organizations on behalf of Kaiser
- Demonstrates participatory style, high energy, and a bias for
action, with excellent judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate groups effectively.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Experience with oversight of budget and fiscal management.
- Master's degree preferred.PrimaryLocation :
California,Fresno,Fresno Hospital - SequoiaHoursPerWeek : 40Shift :
DayWorkdays : Mon - FriWorkingHoursStart : 9:00 AMWorkingHoursEnd :
5:30 PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union
EmployeeJob Level : Manager with Direct ReportsJob Category :
External Affairs / RelationsDepartment : Community
Health/BenefitTravel : Yes, 15 % of the TimeKaiser Permanente is an
equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.External
hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Fresno , Community Health / Community Benefit Manager, Executive , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!