Mechanic, Level 1
Company: pressed juicery
Posted on: August 16, 2019
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for industrial equipment
repairs, adjustments, diagnosing and repairing problems with all
equipment including conveyors, packaging lines, HVAC, mixers,
blenders, pumps and work on improvement projects. Additionally,
Maintenance Mechanics will perform routine preventative maintenance
to minimize equipment downtime and ensure the product produced is
of the highest quality and safety. Maintenance Mechanics are also
responsible for building/facility maintenance. This role will
require daily documentation pertaining to downtime, spare parts,
and preventative maintenance performed. The Maintenance Mechanic
candidate must be flexible to work weekends and other shifts as
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Able to proficiently diagnose, repair, replace and/or overhaul
all mechanical components for numerous types of equipment to
include but not limited to material handling equipment, packaging
lines, blenders, conveyors and related software programs, hydraulic
equipment, electrically operated equipment, air compressors,
refrigeration/heating systems, air handlers, variable speed
- Identify, perform and document routine preventative maintenance
on production and production area equipment in a timely and
efficient manner to minimize downtime.
- Ensure manufacturing equipment is producing quality and safe
product for our customers.
- Adhere to GMPs and Safety Processes to ensure compliance with
all Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Participate in the continuous improvement process by providing
suggestions geared toward the elimination of non-value added
activities and opportunities to improve efficiency, safety or food
- Part of the plant Emergency Response Team
- Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new
parts and materials as necessary.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and
equipment needed to do a job.
- Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet
- Operations and controls of equipment or systems.
- Other job-related activities as requested
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- 1-3 years of experience in industrial machine maintenance
required, specific experience in a food manufacturing plant
preferred or Certificate of Completion for Maintenance Mechanic
- Technical understanding and comprehension of mechanical
- Ability to troubleshoot, maintain, and repair complex
mechanical and pneumatic systems and electrical components
- Familiarity with PLC controls, mixing equipment, air
compressors, and pumps
- Working knowledge of electrical controls, 3 phase motors, and
- Must be able to operate basic to sophisticated hand tools and
possess knowledge of safety procedures and practices.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and data entry
using company software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service-oriented to serve internal customers and work
with external contractors.
- Able to work well independently and as a team.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position
requiring heavy lifting up to 50lbs, carrying tools and supplies,
kneeling and stooping and standing on feet for long periods of
- Ability to work under a time restraint
- Ability to maintain confidential company information in the
strictest of confidence
- Must be a self-starter able to multi-task and prioritize
- Must provide their own hand tools
Keywords: pressed juicery, Fresno , Mechanic, Level 1, Engineering , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!