Microwave Tower Technician
Company: Pearce Services
Posted on: November 19, 2021
At PEARCE SERVICES, we've got a career for you.
Join the nation's leading service provider for critical telecom and
network infrastructure, renewable energy installations (solar and
wind), EV charging stations, and large-scale power generation and
batteries. With over 1,800 team members, operating out of 25
offices throughout the country and servicing over 50,000 unique
locations nationwide, Pearce provides a comprehensive service
experience to our customers by offering a wide range of telecom and
renewable energy assets maintenance, repair, and repowering.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an
inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do
impactful work. Pearce's broad service capabilities and geographic
footprint throughout the United States and provides an excellent
home for field technicians and service professionals to grow and
advance their careers. Learn more about Pearce Services at and
Pearce Services is seeking a skilled Microwave Tower Technician to
join our team. Microwave experience is preferred, but we are also
willing to train experienced tower technicians who are strong
climbers, learn quickly, and follow directions. Site access by
snowcat, helicopter and specialty vehicles is common.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining, repairing, and occasionally installing various
cell tower types.
- Assists in installing, maintaining, and de-installation of all
aspects of site foundations, including grounding conduits,
electrical installations, site de-installation of antennas, coax,
and BTS cabinets.
- Climbing towers and ladders of various heights.
- Construction, troubleshooting, calibration, testing, and
maintenance of telecommunications equipment.
- Operating test equipment and data reporting.
- Performing additional maintenance or upgrades on out-of-season
- Conducting performance checks and regular maintenance.
- Working within a crew and responding to service calls
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 1+ year climbing experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree in
Electronics or related field preferred)
- Climbing Safety & Rescue Certification (assistance may be
provided for renewals)
- Compliance with FCC/FAA/EPA/OSHA Regulations
- Knowledge of electronic, mechanical, and electrical
- Must be able/willing to comply with all safety procedures and
- Able to operate a computer or tablet.
- Must be able to comply with DOT physical requirements: Able to
work in extreme weather, high altitudes, and in remote areas; able
to climb over 80 ft, lift over 50 pounds, stooping, bending,
kneeling, squatting, climbing, and standing for long periods of
time; have an unimpaired hearing; able to distinguish between
colors; read printed materials.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and by
- Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving
record (if driving a Company Vehicle) and pass a pre-employment
- Preference is given to those candidates able to be on call and
travel for work.
WHAT WE OFFER
Pearce offers a family-friendly and innovative culture with
opportunities for growth, competitive compensation, comprehensive
benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), PTO, and a 401k
retirement plan. Also provided are a company vehicle, phone,
laptop, tablet (if required for your role), and all necessary tools
and safety equipment.
TO APPLYFor immediate consideration, please apply at the provided
link and submit your most current resume.
Pearce Services believes in strength through diversity. We are an
equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including
the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be
based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital
status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran
status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or
Keywords: Pearce Services, Fresno , Microwave Tower Technician, Engineering , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!