Company: MGE Underground, Inc.
Posted on: February 19, 2021
MGE is a utility infrastructure contractor serving investor-owned
and public utilities throughout California from its headquarters in
Paso Robles and satellite offices throughout the state. Our mission
is to be the leading provider of innovative construction solutions
for our clients, providing the best value in support of their
growing utility and infrastructure requirements.
As the Field Engineer, you will be the primary field support for
project management, working directly with the crews onsite. You may
be required to travel on an as needed basis. This position is
crucial to the overall success and smooth operations of the work we
perform, and we'd like you to be a part of it!
Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintain, update, and review redlines and as-built
- Coordinate and layout work based off construction drawings
- Update project schedule
- Create T&M bills for extra work as required
- Coordinate, inventory, and track material delivery
- Pre-field/layout job site and call in USAs
- Create and update crew timecards daily
- Review and submit timecards weekly
- Update and submit unit quantities daily
- Create and update job diaries daily
- Create POs for vendor field orders
- Update MSE (material, sub, equipment) List daily
- Finalize and submit closeout documentation and requirements
(pictures, punch list, etc.)
- Maintain, update and turn in project field files
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications And Experience
- Required: The ability to work weekends and overtime on an as
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize HCSS Heavy Job Field
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities
according to work schedule
- Ability to use a computer/smart phone/tablet.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and verbal
- Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug
- Reading comprehension and writing skills - understanding
written sentences and communicate effectively in writing.
- Valid Class C Driver's License with a clean driving record
- Required: No experience required, we will train eager and
- Desired: 0-2 years of experience in a related field
- Required: Successful candidates must pass the following
pre-employment requirements prior to beginning employment: drug
screen and background check. Background checks include, but are not
limited to, Social Security Verification, Prior Employment
Verification, Motor Vehicle Records, Personal and Professional
References, Criminal History.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Desired: Bachelor's of Science Degree in Engineering or
The physical requirements described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job:
- Employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The
employee is often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and
arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
individually or up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus
- Employee may occasionally be required to drive a motor vehicle
and travel to various project sites.
- Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
MGE Underground, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: MGE Underground, Inc., Fresno , Field Engineer, Engineering , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!