Supervisor Administrative Services - Ophthalmology
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Supervises and coordinates the daily operations of multiple work
units in a multi-functional department. Provides leadership to and
reviews the work of more than 10 employees performing a wide
variety of multiple, routine to moderately complex administrative
support activities.Essential Functions:
- Supervises the day-to-day activities in accordance to ensure
quality and/or quantity goals are met. Identifies, coordinates and
implements projects and/or programs to improve the quality and
costeffectiveness of operations.
- Ensures projects are completed on schedule following
established procedures and schedules. Estimates personnel needs and
assigns work to meet completion dates.
- Reviews department/unit/area performance. Develops operating
and customer service procedures. Ensures compliance with
department/organization policies/procedures. May perform,
especially in staff or professional groups, ongoing operational
tasks of organizational units.
- Supervises, coordinates and provides leadership to and reviews
the work of assigned staff. Provides training, coaching, and
professional development. Interviews and recommends candidates for
employment or termination. Conducts performance evaluations and
salary reviews for assigned staff. Resolves grievances.
- Assists manager with development of short and long-range
departmental goals and objectives. Accountable for non-payroll
budget expenses. Participates in the budget planning and
preparation process of assigned work units to meet the fiscal goals
for capital, payroll and non-payroll expenses. Provides support and
advice to management.
- Serves as a liaison between management, other departments,
subordinates and/or members. Resolves problems and complaints from
client departments, other managers and/or members. Conducts
analyses and produces management reports.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Supervise staff in Ophthalmology, Optometry and Sleep
- Supervise complex appointment coordination, monitor
productivity and support complex equipment and procedure
- Provide assistance and service to members as needed, including
oversight of quality in/outreach both in person and on the phone.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience supervising a
multi-disciplinary staff of non-exempt and entry level exempt
- Bachelor's degree in business administration OR four (4) years
of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- N/AAdditional Requirements:
- Proficient in a variety of software applications.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, use time
management skills and independent judgment.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities; team player, tactful
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills required to
communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Experience with procedures/policies/regulations in a specific
- Experience conducting training programs.
- Experience with budget management.
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred.
- Electronic medical record and computer based appointment and
messaging experience preferred.Kaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.External
hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinances.COMPANY: KAISERTITLE: Supervisor Administrative Services
- OphthalmologyLOCATION: Fresno, CaliforniaREQNUMBER:
862031External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal,
state and local laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Fresno , Supervisor Administrative Services - Ophthalmology, Administration, Clerical , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!