Company: Chukchansi Gold
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Responsible for coordinating and managing all functions
pertaining to General Ledger, Payroll, Revenue Audit, Accounts
Payable and Accounts Receivable, Hard Count and Soft Count, and
Inventory Control. Responsible for establishing appropriate
policies, procedures and controls of the Company to be consistent
with General Accepted Accounting Principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs
excellent customer service at all times.
* Establishes standards for resource allocation, including, but not
limited to, staffing services, products and capital
* Designs programs to outmaneuver competition in performance (front
* Contributes to the property's motto of "Being the Resort Casino
* Mentors, coaches and prepares succession planning to encourage
those Team Members seeking advancement to acquire the education,
experience and personal characteristics to prepare them to progress
toward their goal. Separately identifies Tribal Team Members within
and without this specific functional area to fast-track their
* Develops Operational and Maintenance Standards (measurable and
time sensitive) to optimize efficiency, continuously improves
processes, trains Team Members, effectively distributes workloads
and responsibilities, and maintains the facility in superb
* Directs preparation and distribution of monthly financial
statements on a timely basis.
* Directs preparation of quarterly financial reports in conformance
to requirements under the 2005 indenture.
* Coordinates with external audit firm for quarterly reviews and
annual audits as required.
* Establishes Accounting Policies and Procedures which ensure
accurate and reliable financial reporting under a sound internal
* Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by the
revenue and cost center departments.
* Monitors all financial activities on property to ensure that all
applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company,
the Federal and State Tax Agencies, and the Gaming Commission are
enforced throughout the property.
* Directs review of monthly financial statements and internal
* Establishes systematic practices of troubleshooting financial
issues to ensure early resolution.
* Reviews daily financial reports to verify accuracy.
* Ensures adequate controls over the Soft Count and Hard
* Maintains good working relationships with the internal Gaming
Commission and applicable Federal and State Agencies.
* Plans for adequate staffing levels by monitoring performance and
selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, and promoting Team
* Reviews departmental reports, addressing any potential issues or
* Ensures a maximum level of company-wide service and satisfaction
in supporting the financial results of the operations.
* Facilitates the flow of information by organizing and presiding
over regularly scheduled operational and back-of-the-house
* Ensures a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness of
departmental records and reports.
* Manages communications to ensure consistency in procedures
throughout the property.
* Ushers as needed by management for events.
* Performs any reasonable request made by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
* Perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work habits, and
deliver exceptional service to internal and external guests.
* Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, including
appearance, attendance, reliability, teamwork, ethics, integrity,
and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
* Employ positive and professional communication skills and
exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and
respect) with guests and co-workers at all times.
* Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and
neat work area and excellent time management skills leading to the
highest levels of productivity.
* Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others
* Participate in open communication and provide feedback to
management regarding operations, staffing, personal development,
and operational productivity.
* Serve as contributing Team Member of CGRC enhancing operations in
all its business endeavors.
Directly supervises the activities of the management staff of the
General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable,
Hard Count and Soft Count, and Inventory Control divisions of the
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
from a four-year college or university, with a minimum of five to
ten years experience in casino gaming financial institution, or
hospitality industries and with at least five years in a
supervisory or management role. Knowledge of casino accounting
procedures is required. CPA preferred.
Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and
analytical skills. Experience with budgeting, financial reporting,
expense analysis, cost benefit analysis and financial statement
interpretation required. Must be extremely numbers-oriented and
computer-literate, with superior spreadsheet skills. Minimum of
three years experience in financial analysis or related area,
preferably in the gaming industry, required. SEC/public financial
reporting experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of
documents, such as technical journals, financial reports and legal
documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints
from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
community. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one
and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and
work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw
valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of
technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is
regularly required to talk or hear. The Team Member is also
regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Team Member is
occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When
on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. When on the
casino floor, the Team Member will be exposed to a smoke-filled
Keywords: Chukchansi Gold, Fresno , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Coarsegold, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!