Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Edlio LLC
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Hi, we're Edlio! We are a fast-paced software development company
that is looking for a smart, energetic, supportive, and dynamic
individual to join our team. We specialize in a web-based solution
for thousands of schools and districts nationwide. Our content
management system is packed with features designed specifically for
teachers and school administrators and is a perfect fit for
educational organizations of any size, from small charter schools
to districts with dozens of campuses.We are looking for a highly
motivated individual to join and support our finance team. You will
play a critical role in building a world-class FP&A function.
In this vital position, you will perform financial reporting and
analysis duties for the Edlio leadership team, the Board of
Directors, and Investors. Additionally, this role will play an
integral part in Edlio's budgeting, forecasting, and strategic
planning process. The position reports directly to the CFO and
works closely with the Vice President of Finance. The successful
candidate will be a committed and dedicated team player with a
positive can-do attitude and the desire to learn and improve in a
fast-paced environment quickly.This is a fully remote position for
US based candidates with the exception of AZ and HI.Essential
Functions and Duties:Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Assists the team in monthly and quarterly financial and
operational reporting, including executive summary preparation,
quarterly business reviews, and external reporting documentation
- Support the monthly KPI reporting process. Drives efficiencies
in KPI reporting processes through standardization and automation
of dashboards, reports, and analytical models.
- Assist with the ARR and Retention Reporting process. Develops
and prepares in-depth revenue and customer loss cause analysis and
- Designs and build financial models and scenario analysis to
support business decisions, including historical data and projected
results based on the assessment of trends.
- Analyzes the growth, profitability, and cash flow implications
related to investment opportunities the Company might choose to
- Delivers analytically rigorous insights to support investment
direction and prioritization
- Performs ad-hoc analysis to generate business insights and
- Packages analysis findings into actionable insights to allow
the Edlio leadership to make informed decisions with all relevant
facts to achieve better outcomes.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage technology/systems to
automate manual reporting and compilation processesFinancial
Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting
- Develops and maintains Edlio's integrated annual budget,
monthly forecast, and five-year financial model, including
underlying support schedules for the five-year statement financial
- Supports the CFO and VP of Finance in leading the Company
through the annual planning process in developing a bottom-up,
detailed one-year budget.
- Partners with department leaders to build sales, revenue, and
cost forecasts to support the budgeting and forecasting
- Cultivates a deep partnership with the accounting department to
create efficient and seamless actual versus budget and forecast
analysis and reporting.
- Analyzes historical results for trends to improve the accuracy
of budget and forecast model assumptions and drivers. This analysis
includes studying the causes of unexpected budget variances,
including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, and
- Actively manages, organizes, and focuses on achieving a timely
budget and forecasting deliverables.
- Continuously improves processes and creates a more effective
approach to planning, forecasting, and budgeting.Cross-Functional
- Provides financial and strategic support to all levels of the
organization, including the VP of Finance, CFO, CEO, President, and
Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Becomes a trusted business partner by providing actionable
insights around the business through reliable and accurate
- Communicate actionable insights from objective analysis and
provide decision support to business partners on critical financial
and operational topics through data analysis and business
- Collaborates with operating teams and provides fact-based
recommendations that improve profitability, operating efficiency,
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to assess analysis
and reporting needs and proactively assess the usefulness of
various reports / financial analysis
- Initiates proactive business dialogue and challenges
assumptions to ensure sound financial decisions to improve business
- Improves management teams' understanding of financial
statements and budget adherence with thoughtful and transparent
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or
another quantitative discipline
- Three to five years of progressive experience in FP&A and
- Expertise in supporting a rapidly growing SaaS technology
- Experience Salesforce desired.
- Power BI or other data analytics platform knowledge
- Superior financial modeling skills are required, including
scenario/sensitivity analysis, ROI, NPV, and IRR analyses.
- Advanced to Expert Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create, navigate and explain complex
- Exceptional problem-solving, quantitative & statistical
experience, and analytical skills; strategic and critical
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Solid knowledge of GAAP accounting.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the
organization to articulate ideas, financial results, and actionable
recommendations, including presenting at the executive level.
- Intellectual curiosity and a continuous thirst for
understanding the "whys" thrive on analyzing and investigating data
to understand the cause, trends, and business impact.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal,
relationship-building skills, and demonstrated ability to lead and
- Strong interpersonal skills. Assertiveness in the face of
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly productive and efficient. Able to thrive managing
multiple projects under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
and respond to competing and changing needs as they present in a
- Resourceful with the ability to work independently when
- Ability to align to Edlio's Mission, Vision, Values, and goals
to support Company initiatives and organizational
Keywords: Edlio LLC, Fresno , Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!